The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This morning it was my turn to teach in CFI ground - I taught spins. The guys were either sleepy or I did alright because everyone was nodding and taking notes. I like to teach the aerodynamic portion of this myself ... rather then the FOI material. I think the FOI material is important - very important - but that's not something I will stand at a board and teach.

A spin is the result of an uncoordinated stall ... it takes both to spin an airplane. I set up a line drawing of an airplane and drew a turn coordinator with the ball out to the right and went from there to the four stages and the steps to recovery. It was fun. I thought it would be the most difficult maneuver (?) to teach, but I'm starting to think they are all pretty much the same because all the same components are in flux.

Last night my husband said he'd like for me to revisit the idea of going elsewhere to finish this up - rather then wait. Today I am doing that. I'm thinking about that today. I spoke to FI about it this morning. I would prefer to finish this with him. He is an outstanding teacher/mentor. Some of the guys (and I) were asking him about the higher AOA on the lowered wing in a banked,but not turning airplane as it relates to lateral stability specifically in reference to dihedral (but not necessarily sweep back). Later he said why don't you run that down ... he threw down the gauntlet ... I said, I don't know...I'm pretty busy...what's the prize? He said I could have one of his lemonheads and shook the bag. Those things are nasty. I said so. I may have time to sneak an explanation in here though.

No comments: