The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We were talking about hazardous attitudes in ground school on Monday morning - as Ive already said. Today we talked about coping strategies. Pilot's are generally good at compartmentalizing. We looked at the info in the Aviation Instructor's Handbook. From those two topics I started talking about my general observations of women - I said women are survivors ... we are hard wired for survival. Young men are hard wired to see themselves as invincible. This is chauvinistic I know, but it's why I think men excel as warriors and women don't. Just an opinion.
They choose Destiny's Child for me...number 176. One guy got "Chillin" by Blaine Larsen ... Got my I don't care ducks in a row. I'll take Survivor. A women intends to walk away ... and if everyone else can - awesome! A man might forget in the moment ... a man might say "watch this here shit." I'll stand by this: No woman's last words will be any thing like watch this... .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True North... What a great name for a blog. I wish I had thought of it. Jar of Hearts playing while I read... Excellent!

DeAnn said...

Thank you Captain Dave.
I'm working on getting the mucis to shuffle, but if Jar of Hearts remains the default that's okay with me!
~D