The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, September 10, 2010

Yesterday I visited with FI/acting Chief about the student who just doesn't want to fly. We talked about that kinda just in time because the kid was in someone's sites for a little come to Jesus meeting.
After that we started talking about my flight training. He asked me how I was feeling and I started telling him ... then I started tearing up and I said I had to go and he said hold on a minute just sit right there and he reached for some paper napkins. Then I started crying. I hate that. It was bad yesterday and today I feel ... not better. I went through all three of his paper napkins ... sniffing like a cry baby and blowing my nose loudly. He stood up to go get more tissues saying, sit tight. He was going to the bathroom for some toilet paper. I shook my head and said "I'm out of snot." He laughed.
His advice for me is to just sit tight if I'm not going to finish up elsewhere. He said, "Don't run to trouble." He promised me that as soon as the new chief gets here he'll try to get my training spot opened. (I bet he will be able to do that.) Because we are a university program the students get preferential training slots. In the past, once someone was started they wouldn't be pulled til they finished their certificate. The director of flight education doesn't want to honor that or the other promises that were made to me by the previous chiefs. My FI told me to schedule an appointment with him and tell him what my situation has been. He thinks it will go well for me. My husband is aggravated with my start stop training experience. He thinks I should be a bit more aggressive about this. I told him that would mess up my chances of being hired as a CFI. He's about fed up with this whole deal. I really want to finish here ... do the ride with my FSDO ... and get a job flight instructing. I'd like to teach a few people how to fly. And then I'll be ready to go to the beach if that's what is next.

No comments: