The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'm thinking about something.
What if the lessons I learn here are transferable to there.
And they are. We all know that.
What if the lessons I learn now are foundational for what I am able to learn later.
And they are. We all know that.
What if what I am really working on is this and that.

Some one was talking about a rerack ... re boot ... recycle. One little gremlin running amok held up the whole shebang. How much could one little misthink mess up? Yeah, it depends.

One of the things I love about being older is I have a catalogue of experiences to pull from. I see people around me who could, but don't ... and sometimes I don't either ... transfer learning. My husband who is very smart and probably knows me better than anyone else says I am a "random access brain".

I am trying to finish a project that has significance to me. I know why it is significant. The layer that allows me to flight instruct is superficial - not to say it is unimportant to me because, it is quite important, The other layers are private matters and have nothing to do with sitting in the airplane with someone who is dangerously unskilled ... enthusiastically unaware ... arrogantly inexperienced ... a beginner. Yeah. I'm looking forward to working with those student-pilots, but that is not what I'm learning/building here. It totally is and it's not - not really.

I can see this dangling right out there ... right in front of me. I can smell it ... almost ... almost touch it. That is the frustrating part. That's where I am emotionally exposed in this process. Guess what? I actually fly quite well. My skill set is strong. I can see that I will be an excellent instructor ... in an airplane. These other lessons or learning experiences are for something else - I don't know what. That's the stuff I have learned to trust God with. I think He knows what He's doing. I just wish I could see it.

No comments: