The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday evening - day five?
A cell with hail - little marble size hail - just moved through. I looked at the AV Weather - it wasn't that big a deal but I was glad to be in rather than out. Tonight I wanted something hot for dinner and the in house bistro had some very convincing chicken and rice soup. Jesse, the waiter, commented that I seemed to be ordering comfort food. I may look forlorn. This here and then there and very little up in the air is a bit of a bite. I flew yesterday. For just an hour and it was my first flight in about three months (where I flew). It was good. I thought my short field was a bit of a drop in, but the IP really liked it. These kids are all about PTS and no finesse ... I said short fields are routinely soft also. so plunking it down isn't anything to pop the champagne over! Yeah, I was relieved that I could still coax the Cutlass in to a few performance landings. My only power off 180 was genius.
I need to do a little homework and then sleep - these eight hour lectures are a grind. Two more day and we'll be through the manuals and on to ... well, on to a more indepth look at what's in the manuals!
I am finding that I look forward to hot baths, good hot coffee, and if it weren't too weird I'd wear the same sweater everyday. I'm still starting every morning happy for this adventure ... it's the end of the day that feels not quite right. Being away from home is difficult (even though I really really like no electronic noise - the quiet doesn't bother me at all, it's the hugs I miss!).

No comments: