The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Turns out I need to leave tomorrow. I'm making a real list and a mental list of what needs to be done before ... pick up laundry, drop off roll and key to computer cabinet, get bangs trimmed ... . FI thinks hotel is in a shady area. He was talking about sketchy neighborhoods, cockroaches (and bedbugs!) and outside entry. I may be wondering about the wrong things...I am wondering about thread count and shower heads...I am wondering about a treadmill because I'm sure I won't be walking around by myself. He said if it even smells wrong spend the extra money for something better. It looks okay in the picture. I assured both FI and husband that I will make other arrangements if I need to. Now I am wondering if I should make the reservations for the whole time or not.

Top priority today: Order new phone for Four.

ps.+++Hair cut ... check (and she would really like for me to stop trimming my own bangs... and I would if she'd just show up at my house every morning)
+++++ Hotel reservations made ... FI cracked me up by google earthing the area and pointing out third world aspects ... "Come on," he said, "they had to give you another option or two." And yes, they did. So I have made reservations at not the most cost effective place and doubled my per night rate even with the school deal.
+++++Substitute teacher has everything he needs to handle my class ... I had to loan him my picture ID pass key to swipe himself into my room ... the picture is pretty horrible ...which he pointed out (laughing like a jackass if they laugh). He said he was going to get post-it notes printed up with that photo on it and post them everywhere. "I've already been dinged on that picture." I told him ... "so and so pranked it a few semesters ago" ... hey can I help it that I am not photogenic!?
+++++I guess I just need to get the oil changed and finish packing.

No comments: