The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, September 10, 2010

Just a little silliness here -
I seem to be out of practice with frozen margaritas. I drank one at lunch today and had a headache for the rest of the day. This summer I drank my first dirty martini - I like martinis. Larry and I drove up to Chicago during the summer of 2007. The jeep was brand new and I thought it would be fun to make a rode trip with the top down. It was fun. He was in Chicago to work, I went along and spent the days wandering. The museum there was fantastic. One day I did the Frank Lloyd Wright bus tour. It was a great time for me. At dinner every night I ordered a martini ... chocotini was my favorite. I haven't been able to recreate that. But I prefer dirty martinis now.
Tonight we saw the American. Neither of us like the movie. I amused myself by sneaking in some dove dark chocolates. I saved the wrappers to read later.
Here they are:
Face up to fear, every challenge is a blessing.
Live from your heart,it will never steer you wrong.
lessons learned ->Dark chocolate good - even with out icy vodka.
I remember sitting on the front row at the movie theater watching the ... pool, Paul Newman, Robert Redford, lots of smoke. My best friend and I sat there smoking Marlboro 100s and pretending that all the smoke was on the screen when the usher came to tell us to cut it out. We thought it was hilarious ... we eventually grew up. Something about movie theaters makes me want to behave inappropriately. That was the Sting.
Ground was fun today. We talked about stability a bit more and spins.
I think I am a little bit afraid of this CFI stuff not working out for me ... it's hard to keep on putting myself out there when I seem unable to make things work ... .
On the way to the movie tonight my husband said something very nice - something about following your dreams and what you feel passionate about. He said it's obvious that I feel passionate about aviation ... and he didn't seem to mind.
Three boxes came from Texas this week. My brother in law is helping his mom shift through her belongings. He sent tokens for each of my children. Boxing gloves and Papas dominoes for One. China for Two which I asked him to store over there and he did. Several pieces of Waterford for Four and Five. Some art glass and Granddad's bible for Three. He sent their grandmothers bible to L and it had several lace hankies tucked in it ... for the girls weddings I said when he showed me. He sent Calvin's air force wings for me. Very thoughtful.
Tonight I am going to read : The Goal ... a gripping fast paced business novel that introduced the theory of constraints... . Eliyahu M. Goldratt and Jeff Cox. We'll see.

No comments: