The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, September 13, 2010

This morning I visited with the Director of Flight Education. I basically recounted my training experience here. I don't really know what the objective of that was ... the FI told me I should and so I did. What do I hope will come out of that time spent? I didn't ask him to do anything any differently then how it is currently being done. I basically told him what had been said to me leading up to this point and that I am on his team and I hope that he will be on my team - the team that it takes to get this certificate done. I was a little emotional. He asked me why is this an emotional conversation for me. I said because the hard part of this is supposed to be the knowledge and flight training portions, not all of these unknowns and unexpected interuptions. I have spent $8,000. (if their acct. is correct - it has had thousand dollar line item errors in the past) on just this certificate - and it's not done ... and I haven't flown with them since my stage checkride in July. When I look at this in black and white I wonder why I continue on this path. I looked at my folder this morning ... A's and B's on the lessons. I've asked my instructor if this is realistic for me - he and our previous chiefs have been supportive. The frustration level is very high. If I weren't me I would have cut bait on this a long time ago. If I weren't so close ... if I hadn't spent so much of my time ... and money ... . If this was just a little less important to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!

DeAnn said...

Thanks Captain Dave. I'm really looking forward to looking back on this in a couple of years and liking the choices I made. "Hanging in there" is what it's going to require. I appreciate the encouraging words.