The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Night Thankful

Tonight I am just thankful for the opportunity to finish the work on my CFI certificate. I appreciate the way things have come together to make a way for me to complete this - this is important to me. I haven't been anywhere by myself in 16 years ... well yes, the grocery store ... I'm talking about a spend the night away kind of anywhere. It's kinda silly and sweet at the same time. How many times have I packed everything we could possibly need for a family vacation ... or whatever state meet, business trip or adventure I was facilitating. Now it's just me. Do I take my own pillows ... my coffee mug? I know I'll need my books and my flight bag. I have a stack of black t-shirts ... and a stack of white t-shirts ... and blue jeans. And my soap. My logbook is at the flight school - I need to pick that up.

I leave on Wednesday. Pretty exciting stuff.

No comments: