The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Flew this evening with a guy who is working on his Commercial Certif - He was a little befuddled about how he wants to execute. I told him how I do the commercial maneuvers - I think he is relying on the instruments too much and not listenning to the plane. He doesn't choose outside reference points...that's not gonna work. I think he would enjoy more and get better results if he would get outside more. He is able to control the plane pretty well, but he gets behind a bit because he can't see exactly what he wants the plane to do (yet). I walked him through my short field technique - I said just do it like this and let's see what you get. I can see that he doesn't quite either understand, or believe the energy is managed. I don't want to pick it apart ... it was great fun. He was so thrilled with his landing and I said that is about two thousand bucks worth of "do it again". Too bad everyone doesn't get to work with the guys who taught me.

No comments: