The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I woke up this morning, texted my husband in the middle of his night: Is Sammy okay? A very sweet message came back: Do you need me to get up and check? Then he called ... I was teary ... I had dreamed that my dog was dead and it seemed so real. "No, he's fine," husband very patiently reassured, "He puts his paws up on the (kitchen) window every morning and looks inside for you." We have a ritual ... I start the coffee and then I go out on the back porch to visit with my dog ... if he's on his toes he gets a scoobytreat.


I got out early enough to go to Starbucks for breakfast. It was a nice treat, but I was unable to study there. The people here are interesting to look at ... I need to lock on to my notes/books for now. So I decided to drive over to the airport. I thought I could read in my car until everyone started getting there ... but it was still too dark to read so something very lovely happened:

This little guy had the best seat in the house. He was there looking for breakfast, but everyonce in a while he stopped to watch the sunrise.

We worked in the classroom until lunch. I had a grilled cheese sandwich today. Then we flew. I was the observer for the first part of the flight. I really don't love being in the back seat. When it was my turn to fly, I flew very well. I am still figuring out VFR at a towered airport, but ... it's gonna happen. I asked him for a debrief and all he had to say was what he flew with me was ready (for the ride). Good news ... not too rusty. Now to start working on teaching them as I demonstrate. Today we did commercial maneuvers and some Xwind TO/Lndgs. The winds were 08007G17 for landings on 11 at Gainsville. My pattern work looked good ... navy (talkin' performance) departed out on the parrallel runway just ahead of us - wow.
Here's the sock at Gainsville - required a fairly aggressive crab angle, but the airplane didn't struggle with it at all. It's been a good day - my first week here is done. Things are on track.

No comments: