The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another sizzling hot link to the work of Max Levy with shout out for Charles Davis Smith AIA Photographer



My husband first saw this house several years ago ... And emailed a link to me ... And then called me to check my email. He knew I would love this concept. I like the village type grouping of these structures. I like the indoor and the outdoor conversing ... Love the nod to the old style screen boxes. The materials are interesting ... I want to reuse some salvaged wood and old doors ... Old glass, but re-envisioned. One of my friends has the entire first floor of their home covered by the wood from bleachers from her husband's Jr. High School gymnasium. I like the various types of opaque glass used in old buildings and widely available at salvage yards. I like concrete floors and I like wood floors too.
The furnishings in this house are more austere then I like ... I like super comfy down wrapped cushions ... But that would work well in a house similar to this. I like old and new. It's fun to think about.

No comments: