The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am just slightly "toasted". Because I'm not a drinker ... One shot of vodka fuzzes me. I like the martini glasses ... They have such a classic silhouette. My husband made a cosmopolitan for me tonight ... I am a big fan of cranberry juice.

Tomorrow I will be able to just kickback here at home and ... honestly, I'm kinda liking that. Everything around here is pretty shipshape ... always my preference. Frequently, my husband alludes to our soon to be next ... time at the beach ... a try on. Last week I met a woman who I liked ... Her husband has recently retired from the airlines ... he is too much in her hair. I think that is kinda sad ... after all those years they should have a do not disturb sign hanging on their door ... she adjusted to half a life alone and now two is a full time crowd.

My husband will never retire. There is no doubt in my mind about that. He is very sweetly offering to hike the trail with me this weekend ... He says he can grade papers coming and going from the trail head ... I will drive us up there ... I will listen to something on my iPod enroute. I said whatever works for you works for me ... and I would like that very much. He is so very supportive of my flying ... it hasn't always been so, and I am thankful for this change of heart. It is very nice to see him ... helping me with this thing that is important to me, but does not actually help our family at all. This is my thing. I am a bit overcome with the sweetness expressed in his support of ... my thing. I resist the MEI which his labors would finance ... He says I may want that after he is gone. I do not want to think about that. In the meanwhile, my husband works very hard to provide a nice life for all of us. He wants me to be thinking about the beach ... He knows I love it there. Almost everyday he says ... Just a few more months and we are there.

No comments: