The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, November 26, 2011

my time
whom I interact with
whom I share my resources with
what I can read, eat, study
how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life - as curses or as opportunities
my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others

I can choose my thoughts

The weather is a bit of a mess around DFW right now ... Smack dab in the middle of the country, smack dab in the middle of getting everyone home from holiday visiting. That weather is moving this way and I'm keeping an eye on it ... It'll be here by tomorrow. The warrior has it's annual scheduled this coming week and will need to be flown to maintenance about an hour SE of here. We are looking at 39°F ... about 9°C. I won't be able to fly very high before ice becomes a ... concern. This little airplane has no defense against ice ... Hah, at 150hp, I actually cringe to think of needing carb heat! Let's see, so 9 on the ground and minus 2 for every thousand feet. I'm laughing. That's not enough up, up, for an away! The guy who is gonna fly me back home doesn't have an IFR equipped plane. That baby may need to sit tight in the hanger for another couple of days.
On Thursday, my husband showed me some video while I was stirring giblets gravy. Airplane lights moving until suddenly, shockingly, one of them didn't. CFIT. Sickening. I wouldn't have watched it had I known what was happening. Today, I'm looking at airplanes departing out of DFW ... just for fun ... and I am praying for those guys today. And for anyone with eyes on the weather I'm watching from here, on the ground, where the weather is just a colorful blanket rolling across an iPad screen. I definitely don't want to be sitting on wings praying ... praising, yes fleetingly, praying ... definitely not.

No comments: