The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, November 30, 2011


Liquid coffee mate is 10 calories a tablespoon. I'm changing horses tomorrow. Yes, this is a big freaking deal to me ... because when I quit smoking so so so many years ago, I told myself that that was the only thing I would ever make myself stop doing. There was some propaganda about if you are this age and you stop this foolishness today you will add this many (and it was a lot) years to your life. I did the math. And I thought nobody in their right mind would want to ever be a day older then that ... so ... I'll stop this, but that's it. Then that Fat Farm guy came down for a Flight Review and an IPC and mostly to hang out with some of his buddies ... and he casually mentioned that women my age average a seven pound weight gain per year for the rest of their lives. I think I picked up twenty years when I quit smoking ... that's like 140 pounds ... that's not extended longevity, that's another whole earth suit! I think I see that seven pounds in my coffee up. 85 calories is a significant percentage of any appropriate daily caloric intake. Well ... enough of that. I'm going to start getting used to it tomorrow. If I can't or won't I'll switch to green tea. I don't expect that to taste like a wake up smile.

No comments: