The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oasis ... More

I am really thinking about this oasis idea, specifically within the Spurgeon context. If my one life could be unwoven and looked at as say, one...a spiritual journey, two...a physical journey, three...an intellectual journey, four...a developmental journey, five...an emotional journey ...Whatever little pieces make up the composite journey. I'm not specifically trying to name those. If my one life moving through time in a linear fashion could be seen as several ... aspects? ... journeying together, helping, enabling, coaching, comforting each other ... . One aspect does inform the other. One does throw the other over it's metaphoric shoulder ... the wounded bits brought along by the stronger bits. Life can not be seen as a journey of the spirit or soul ... it seems to me that all the bits want to exercise, expand, mature. If this one little life were all about spiritual development why would one even need a body for that? Or ... Let's say life is about the spiritual ... then it would seem that all these other aspects must be nurtured to support spiritual growth.
Oasis ... Some hidden very thirsty aspect of me was in dire need of Oasis. That replenished aspect doesn't need to be brought along by the rest of me now. I was wrong about trying to carry my own water. The aspect of me that might carry water was too busy carrying the wounded part. This may make absolutely no sense. What I am trying to express is a lot goes in to living a strong life. Sometimes your strengths need to carry your weaknesses ... until the oasis appears on the horizon.

No comments: