The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, November 19, 2011

From interesting facts about Jupiter by Frasier Cain (googled)

...Jupiter is the third brightest object in the Solar System, after Venus and the Moon. Chances are, you saw Jupiter in the sky, and had no idea that’s what you were seeing. Read Universe Today, and we’ll announce when the best times for seeing Jupiter are. But if you see a really bright star, high in the sky, chances are you’re seeing Jupiter. Get your hands on a pair of binoculars, and if you know someone with a telescope, that’s even better.

And that is exactly what happened. I saw a really bright star in the sky. Really bright. And big. I remembered night landings with Venus appearing right base opposing my left base ... Venus looking to land always got my attention ... Venus is bright like a landing light on a big honking airplane ... then my eyes and heart made a quick reaccess and I would smile "ah, Venus, lovely way out there ... " Jupiter does not look like a landing light. Jupiter looks like it rules the night sky. Why do I say that? It's just as magnificent during the day when I can't see it's reflected glory. I like night. These last several nights have been beautiful. Cool and clear.

... faintly ... I remember ... A few lines from "Jupiter" ... Now that she's back in the atmosphere
With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's time a to change, hey, hey
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey
. Song by TRAIN ... more recently, "Calling all Angels", and I had no idea - same group who is singing "Hey, Soul Sister"

Good lyrics.

Jupiter ... Hydrogen, helium. My Astromony for Dummies says, "Jupiter and Saturn are mostly hydrogen and helium, like the sun." What I see in telescopic photographs are the clouds of ice similar to our planet's lacey cirrus clouds. What I don't understand is how can it be mostly star material and be wrapped in ice. Sounds like some folks I've known. And I'm wondering is it so visible because of it's size (318 x the Earth) or do those ice crystal multiple light like crystals on a chandelier. And does that super fast rotation produce heat, maybe more and more heat ... I just don't know. Gas planet ... almost a star. I bet it has secrets yet. I'm gonna ask Santa for a telescope. I need to see some stuff.

No comments: