The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, November 16, 2011



This morning as I finished running a few errands the city alarms began blaring ... Okay, Wednesday at noon I thought, I'm running just a tad behind where I wanted to be at lunch time, but ... NBD.

The sky looked pretty ominous. Cool. I like weather. I'm in the driveway looking at all these leaves which are falling from the oak tree. Wet leaves are more difficult to wrangle. I'm wondering if I should wait a few days for them to dry out, or just grin and bear it ... The cover is complete and piling up!

Tree At My Window ~ Robert Frost
Tree at my window, window tree,
My sash is lowered when night comes on;
But let there never be curtain drawn
Between you and me.
Vague dream-head lifted out of the ground,
And thing next most diffuse to cloud,
Not all your light tongues talking aloud
Could be profound.
But tree, I have seen you taken and tossed,
And if you have seen me when I slept,
You have seen me when I was taken and swept
And all but lost.
That day she put our heads together,
Fate had her imagination about her,
Your head so much concerned with outer,
Mine with inner, weather.

Two & L drive up ... She asks me why I'm sitting in the car with the alarms blowing and I tell her "it's noon and it's Wednesday and it's just a safety test ... No reason for alarm (so dial back the drama ... )."  She starts sort of herding me in to the house and we hadn't been inside for more the ten minutes when the wind picked up and everything small became airborne. I stood out under the front porch ... Awesome! I love the way it feels when a storm is sweeping through ... The rain was blowing plus 45°, but no GR, no green air, just wind. It was safe where I stood ... and freakin' electrifying! I know I am such a nerd ... it doesn't even bother me. I came back in and said I think a tornado cell just rolled right over us ... as in not dropping down ... that would have been something else all together.  As  I  heated up some soup and made sandwiches for lunch a text pinged in from C ... It says "I love you".  Maybe more drama, maybe she's legit scared. You never know with girls. I send her a "LY2 and tornado cell past - another appears to be potentially on the way ... just remain calm ... Dad says keep ur head down ... I say send pictures if you see anything awesome."  She sent pictures.

A tornado did touchdown at the High School. It tore up the athletic fields, score boards, bleachers and all ... totally rearranged almost every car in the student parking lot. Her car was fine ... The tree beside it fell away rather then on ... Her row was the only row that didn't get picked up and rearranged.

This is a pretty wacky time of year for tornadoes. Sammy is still tail tucked in the garage with huge eyes. Forecast for tomorrow ... warm and sunny ... perfect raking weather.

No comments: