The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, November 18, 2011

Link ... U2 ... One

I'm looking at www.pinterest.com, an online bulletin board, this morning. The guy I'm supposed to be flying with this week has been busy prepping for his ATP written, and I have enjoyed being at loose ends. I may have a little local flight later this morning ... my iPhone is keeping an eye ... hmmm, an ear ... uhhh, a transceiver maybe ... on that. I've seen those. The very old couple who I sometimes hang out with showed me several generations of those ... their son who is older then me is an electrical engineer and he sent his dad a UPS box full of telephone circuit boards. The receiver "dot" does more then just receive invisible technology (omgoodness totally rocks!) from cell towers, it also does stuff like ringtones and other amusing nonsense ... anyway, all that in a ripple smaller the the tip of a very sharp pencil (and I think I'm busy!).
Yes, that has nothing to do with anything.
Also "penciled in" today: Lunch with Lisa's very best childhood friend. I inherited the friendship when Lisa died. She asked me to look out for her buddy girl and it is my honor and pleasure to do so ... I actually like this woman who circumstances blessed me with. She is a librarian, married to a guy who tests video games for the major gaming guys. She is very qwerky is the smartest kindest coolest way possible. One of my primary stated functions is to to help her wardrobe shop ... which in itself is highly unlikely because I am 80% jeans, Gap plain ole T-s, and boots or vans. Other then that, ridiculously high high heels and the plainest dress possible. Let the legs do the talking is probably my take on dress up. This lady is short and voluptuous ... I just drive with her to the right stores and then ask her if her husband would stop shooting bad guys if she walked in front of the screen wearing that. Pretty simple. So ... I'm still collecting hours in the warrior towards clearing the insurance hurdle and I'll have to take the flight if it's a go ... otherwise lunch and hilarity with a found friend.

One ... Some of the lyrics. I seem to like BONO music.

...
One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it ...

We're one, but we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One...
Have you come here for forgiveness
Have you come to raise the dead
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the lepers in your head
...


The video takes these words further out ... to life and choices on grander view, rather then as I initially read them, within the context of an intimate relationship. And as I sit here this morning watching leaves swirl like glitter in a snow globe I'm thinking about Paul Newman's words to Joanne Woodward on their wedding day. " ... a circle of love that gathers in ..." good words. Circle is my favorite shape/symbol. Circle within a circle, like the intake on a jet engine. Circle like the spoke hub radiating, reaching out to support another circle, the tire on a bicycle. Circle like ring, symbol of a promise. A series of tiny lines intertwined tight, becoming arcs interlocking ... circles are built over time. Circles contain. Circles gather in. Circles focus qi. Perfect symbol ... Strong.

Have you come here for forgiveness ... Have you come to raise the dead ... Have you come here to play Jesus ... To the lepers in your head
. Good words.
"Leprosy is a disease that has been known since biblical times. It causes skin sores, nerve damage, and muscle weakness that gets worse over time." (PubMed Health)

Yes, I come here to work out forgiveness ... yes, I come here to raise what might be dead ... yes to asking Jesus to heal the lepers in my head. ... and he let's us help carry each other.

No comments: