The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Work is love made visible ...

~Kahlil Gibran
I really enjoyed helping out with the Flight Review today.

I have finished the book, The Happiness Project, and like Anam Cara, I know I will benefit from reading it again. Don't you just love a book that requires another look? Here's a quote from pg 224, the chapter titled Happiness Comes From Between ...

... Thereby enabling even longer periods of flow. (Csikszentmihalyi and Nakamura)... called it "vital engagement," which they define as "a relationship to the world which is characterized both by experiences of flow (enjoyed absorption) and by meaning (subjective significance)." Vital engagement is another way of saying that work has become "love made visible"; ...

Page 222 ...
"Work is love made visible." ~ Kahlil Gibran
Echoing Tolstoy ...
It is to weave the cloth with threads drawn from your heart,
even as if your beloved were to wear that cloth.
(from War and Peace? I really do not know, and haven't found these words particularly cited. ... next up reading for me will be The Night Trilogy Elie Weisel. I remember a few months ago wondering why I couldn't find a book to love to read ... Now I have a lovely stack waiting to be read and at the bottom, a few wishing to be re-read ... then a quick skim through War and Peace to see if I can find these words.)

Click on this post's title to see entire poem presented

My favorite take away idea from this last chapter is ... Dare to craft for yourself a life built around a consuming passion.

Tomorrow I get to fly ... again. Yeah ... it really rocks.

No comments: