The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Looks like the flight will be a go for tomorrow and good company is a part of good planning I think ... Did I mention that guy at the airport who introduced himself and immediately began doing everything he could to help us out with our little operation? He's retired airlines and has recently sold his toy plane ... in other words, I figured he was itching to get back up in the air (and he confirmed that). No ... He'd love to but he's got a medical visit to go to tomorrow with his adult son. We talked about that because one of my buddies has just recently successfully navigated the very same problem. Maybe it was a relief to talk about it with someone knowledgable, but not personally involved. He switched topics saying he's gonna keep things in perspective ... and that he's pleased that I thought of him and insists on a raincheck. He also tells me that they owned a Cherokee 140 a while back and that the ride in the back seat sucks (that's the ride home) but he would still go if he coulda gotten away. Frankly, he's been a huge help, but I thought of him because one he's a hoot and two, he knows stuff that I don't know ... he's probably forgotten more then I'll ever know. Flying has been his life.

I'm out running errands and he calls back. He says "Speaking of perspective ... " and goes on to tell me some of the details about that crash in Arizona on Thanksgiving day. I told him I figured the kids were with their dad for "his" holiday ... and that there was a mother whose very world had ended during that moment too. I saw the video and it made me sick ... because I know what happens to people who love those who are now irrevocably ... gone. The very fact that there is video floating around is ... I don't have the words for it. Eventually the NTSB will issue a report ... among other things it will say 6 fatalities. Won't mention that a mother started dying too ... her babies are gone. Their dad was a Captain with one of the major airlines ... she is a Flight Attendant ... the other men on board ... the emotional and spiritual wreckage from this ... there are no words. Every single person who has heard of this terrible tragedy has to pray ... pray for those left in the wreckage. Pray for that little mother.
Pray that their community will somehow know some way to help her.

No comments: