The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, November 28, 2010

I think it's surprising that I say "I really wish ... ". Or " ... Just because I wish ... ". Where did that come from? Do I do that a lot? I specifically remember being a kid who didn't believe wishes. I'm smiling at myself as I reflect on this because it just seems sort of, I don't know, maybe sorta sweet. Sorta silly and unguarded ... This week I'm going to pay attention to that word. Do people really even use that word?

A wish is a ------- your heart makes

... An incomplete memory. Jiminy Cricket? Gotta google that. Wishing star? No that's Winnie the Pooh.

I think I am very pragmatic about things ... then I reread a couple of my meanderings and see that I wish. If I could close my eyes and make a wish that I was sure would be granted, what would I wish for?

This week I'll be listening.

Here it is ... from Cinderella.

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true

No comments: