The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

That student came in and did pretty well on his test. He was waiting on the front steps when I drove up and I wouldn't have recognized him in his ROTC uniform had he not mentioned that he'd be coming straight from whatever it is those guys do. I asked him why ROTC and he said he likes things that make sense. ( Don't we all?) He said he's aiming for a helicopter slot and I realized as I listened to him talk that he reminded me a lot of the only helicopter guy I've been around a little. I told him I used to know a man who said flying helicopters was better than anything. I'm glad I went to just a little extra effort to round this kid up. I smiled to see the light in his eyes as he talked about helicopters. I hope it works out well for him ... I hope he loves flying them as much as the guy he reminds me of.

No comments: