The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, November 19, 2010



Today I have been painting my kitchen and cutting cove molding to finish trimming out the new window over the sink. The window has been in place for about five years now ... I have been looking the other way on the molding. I am a huge fan of finishing what you start, but I remember when I stopped trying to make those mitered trim pieces fit j u s t r i g h t. Today the miter box was quite cooperative. AND(and this is a big and) I am aware of a product called paintable wood putty ... genius ... ! I seem to be a different person then I was back then, because I actually considered attaching the molding with hot glue. That would have eventually come back to haunt me no doubt. I did make one huge mistake ... and I don't know how to fix it. I accidentally bought and applied high gloss oil based paint to the new trim pieces ... and because it looked so fresh, to the rest of the window frame. Yeah ... a bit of a mess. I sanded oil based paint off of all the wood work in our house when we first bought it ... oil based high gloss white yellows. I think I have created a sanding job for myself ... sanding woodwork competes with sheet rock work for the position at the bottom of my "only if I have to list".
That fabric I bought yesterday got this whole thing started ... . The kitchen windows have been without window treatments. That fabric was specifically procured to remedy that. Roman shades ... quick and easy. A one morning project at most. Then, I remembered that mustard yellow door in the pictures from the beautiful Southern Living Dream Home ... beyond that door is a bathroom with a dark grey wall behind a gorgeous white porcelain bath tub. I like that contrast. Those exact colors are in the fabric I chose, so I thought, why not? Let me just say, I like the yellow ... some of it is up and it is very cheery. The dark grey I have planned for the ... above the cabinets (I can't spell that word). The yellow is only on the back splash and around the door that leads to the garage. This is a big change from the previous very restrained shades of vanilla ... soothing vanilla ... like sand at the coast. I couldn't help noticing, on the drive home from the paint store, that the yellow and dark grey are very much like taxiway and street colors ... we'll see. Now, I am noticing that the kicthen floor would love an upgrade ... uh oh!

No comments: