The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, November 16, 2010


It's sprinkling ... ahem ... drizzling here this morning. Last night, right in the middle of the monthly, has recently become weekly, instructor's meeting, I received a text: Flying the Mooney on Wednesday ...if you wanna let me know. Yeah. I wanna. I sent a note back ... uhhuh (Southern for "I would love to")...time? My buddy doesn't know what time. He has to arrange to pick it up in a different town, I believe it was getting an avionics checkup or some such. He has a corporate pilot plus type job ... meaning he is a salaried pilot who is on the hook for other to be determined tasks. I think his title is PilotBitch ... and I hope he has a lot of better friends (Hey, buddy). This morning I mentioned that I might fly on Wednesday to my husband. He didn't say so, but I was easily able to see that he thought I might be through with all that for at least a while ... maybe 'til January. My husband doesn't fly. He doesn't especially like to fly even with me! "Have you checked the weather?" he asked. Five piped in, "90% chance of rain". He was surprised that she keeps up with that sort of thing ... "For tomorrow I mean" was his reply. I was mildly surprised that he found the possibility of a flight objectionable. "What if it's raining after school." She would be delighted to walk home in the rain with that umbrella she keeps in her backpack I thought, but didn't say ... this isn't about that ... I don't know what this is about, but it's not about that. I don't fly very light aircraft with storms in the vicinity ... .

No comments: