The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, November 29, 2010

This morning my husband asked me "What is the thirtieth anniversary?" It took me a minute to realize that he was talking about the traditional gift for the 30 anniversary. "I don't know", I said, "I'm not even sure of how to phrase the search." I thought I sounded unenthusiastic and so I said, "I think it's water ... like a trip to the Bahamas or something." He laughed - nicely. A minute later I said, "You know, asking me stuff like this just makes it worse when you show up with nothing." He said he is evolving. Maybe I am too. I'm not going to look it up.

Now, the house is quiet ... everyone is out chasing their day. I am going to put on some loud music and work in my house until the exterminator arrives ... our sons play ball together ... he has been the assistant coach for a few of the all star teams. He's a little younger than me ... spraying peoples homes and driving a school bus. Geez. We spend our lives doing all sorts of different things don't we. Choices that we don't even realize we're making.

I seem to be a little less sun-shiney then I usually am. My husband commented on that this morning saying my happy mood gets everyone off to a good day ... "I'm getting pretty tired of pulling that wagon" was my soft reply. The truth is, I don't know what is wrong with me. I know I'm going to find a job, and I know I like having some time to tend to some neglected items in my house ... and except for last year, I really enjoy Christmas. Everything seems to be "all good to go". I guess we all have those times when things seem out of sorts but we don't know what or why ... or how to fix it.

A new aquaintence from WAI texted me for some help on teaching XCTY planning - she is doing her Helicopter CFI checkride this week. After the exterminator guy I'm going to go spend a little time showing her how I teach it. This is the last week of my semester ... finals ... then Christmas break.

No comments: