The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today I told the d of FE that I would not be teaching ground for them next semester. It's something that I really love to teach, but I think the way I feel about how things have gone here just make it not right for me to commit to another sememster of teaching. There are misunderstandings or disagreements or betrayals ... there are things ...that are worth working at to make rightthisdoesn'tappear to be one of them. I have learned that it takes more then one person to straighten up this kind of mess. And while I am in this mess, I didn't make it ... or even participate in making it. I haven't worked outside my home in so long that I'm just not that savvy to the ways of the market place. The FI told me not to let this ground job go ... saying it would make me very viable for the next CFI spot that comes available. What he doesn't know is that I don't want to work for a person who I don't respect and my ability to respect this guy is pretty much beyond repair. That would seem to be a basic requirement in the work place. The guys constantly complain about him ... as an adult I would like to be able to support him, but I can't ... it's better for me to not participate. It kinda takes the fun out of teaching these last few nights.

I did enjoy my painting today ... it's drying before the next layer goes on. It looks like a mess nowbut it's going to look really good. I can see it coming along.

No comments: