The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I've been wanting an airport light glass - I don't want to call it a globe or a shade, but don't know the proper name ... in any case, where I was had recently refurbished and the manager gave me this one. I've been waiting with the electrical components, aka the base, for awhile. I have worked up the basic talk on the aircrafts electrical system with a simple lamp as the prop ... whaaalaa ... now I have the lamp I wanted to use for this completed.
That was the nice surprise for the day ... I'll take it.


Looking forward to looking at an employment opportunity today. Part of going back to work at least part time was about helping me see how it really is out there ... I guess it's a good thing to have your eyes open. Almost every week I hear of a woman like me whose life partner has departed ... sometimes to that final destination, or the greener pasture along the way ... . I've be sheltered by my husband from many of the harsh realities ... he would like to make my transition towards what ever the future holds, less of a shock for me ... as my children grow up, I am working my way out of what my life work has been.
In life it seems like I've walked around with the expectation that people in general will treat each other ... well, as they would wish to be treated themselves. And that if that is not true in all cases, because it is just not realistic, that they will adapt to treating those people who are good players/team members as they would wish to be treated within the context of a team. That's just not how it is though, is it? One of the main reasons that I would never consider homeschooling my children is because we wanted them to see how it is while they still had the protection/support of family in which to process the insanity that abounds out there. It's funny, I've been kinda homeschooled myself!
While I was over in ATL I visited with a guy who is what I'll call a professional hero. He said this blog stuff is just an open door to any kind of craziness. I told him that I see it as a place to see what I say to myself ... to see what the day leaves with me, and what I do with it ... and then later as the page hits increased from just my own and my two specifically invited buddygirls, I saw it as an electronic front porch where neighbors with similiar interests might drop in. There are some pretty interesting blogs out there ... this doesn't seem to me to qualify as one of them!
Well, once again, I find myself with about thirty minutes worth of wet hair and somewhere else to be. I really hope today has a pleasant surprise in it.

No comments: