The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tonight I have a small group coming in to retake their the Stage two exam. Another evening out for not a really good reason. When I gave them my availability, I didn't imagine they would schedule me for an evening! My bad. We have a birthday party slated for tonight ... in my dining room. The birthday boy has been apprised. I am also scheduled on Monday night. Last night I told these kids, "Absolutely no grades below 80 on this next stage check" ... every one of them is capable of better work!
Today I have been warming up to the idea that I won't be teaching ground school next semester. I'll get to see all of my son's baseball games ... I won't have to miss anybody's anything. I am surprisingly okay with it. Several times today I have thought, "I hope they get someone really good" ... IhopeIhope this and that. Then I remind myself that it is not my problem.
Tomorrow I have a look see set up at a different flight school. If it's not a good fit, I can look at another couple of ideas. Before we started our family I worked for the major commercial furniture dealer in DFW. I was one of their top account executives ... that's how I got that memorable bizjet ride up to Grand Rapids (yeah, obviously the highlight of the trip). In other words, I like and am good at sales. I know people who would like flight instruction. I'm starting to think working with adults outside the university setting will be ideal for me. That, and I have time to paint, and that painting I'm working on rocks.

No comments: