The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Milton

Note on 18 June 2011: kinda ironic that I chose this quote as the title for the sky-scape I painted to commemorate my CFI ticket. Truly amusing and interesting how things go.


"Happy, but for so happy ill secured."



I like Milton. This quote - though out of context - is what I'm talking about with flying. I feel a lot of happy when flying. I talk about flight discipline - which is super important. I have flown with people who have the happy disciplined out of themselves though. Seems like it's pretty hard to stay with the joy - in the moment - and still bring that high level of competence aboard. That's the joy really - being pretty darned good at something that is so much like fun. When I first started flying I was just happy to fly - now I am also well secured.

No comments: