The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

. Not every moment is a good moment ... Hopefully it's the hours that really count tho ...

I'm doing something that is okay for today, but it sure has the red flag danger flapping where I can hear the surf easing in and out in the best little place in my psyche.
3 shots of margarita mix
2 shots of JC ... Yeah that's Jose Cuervo ... Gold
1 shot of Cointreau

... It's four o'clock local ... I may be feeling a bit sorry for myself, because I am having trouble keeping an old song from running through my mind ... Let me go looking for the lyrics. It's just amazing how easy it is for me to remember songs ... They filter up unbidden. I don't even think I liked this one. Brb.

SOMEBODY'S KNOCKIN'
(Jerry Gillespie / Ed Penney)
Terri Gibbs - 1980

Somebody's knockin', should I let him in
Lord, it's the Devil, would you look at him
I've heard about him, but I never dreamed
He'd have blue eyes and blue jeans

Well, somebody's talkin', he's whisperin' to me
Your place or my place, well, which will it be
I'm gettin' weaker and he's comin' on strong
But I don't wanna go wrong

He must have tapped my telephone line
He must have known I was spendin' my time alone
He says we'll have one heavenly night
My fever's burnin', so he oughta be right at home

I'll tell you what ... I really don't know how full-time house-wife's do it. Yeah. The house is pretty clean. Right this minute I am bleaching the slip covers from one of the sofas. It didn't really need to be done ... I just thought the smell of bleach in the house might be a good ... thing. Couldn't hurt.

The only thing left to do is the garage. I don't think the garage is my area, but it is getting ready to be. It's been on my mind for a couple of weeks now as the next obvious thing to do. I'm thinking about how it will look when I am done with it. This was the flash point ... Yesterday, husband came home and asked me where a pair of red handled pliers would be. Seriously?! I'm supposed to keep up with the freaking tools? Okay ... I can definitely go maniacal on this. I'm primed for, for some crazy ... organization ... as in OCD baby, I like shit in it's proper place! And since every freaking thing seems to be my shit, I will assign a place .. the place. Yeah ... I'm gonna put a fan out there for sure.

You see why I really need a job once school starts.

No comments: