The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thought this kinda amusing ...
Last night I showed the two photos ... below ... to my husband, asking him which looks more eyeshadowy ... Yes, that is a new word.  I am developing a few words specifically with an eye towards playing pirate ... . Not really, it's summer ... I am trying to remember how to play.

He said he liked the lipstick in the second photo. Hmmm.
Today he said he could tell that I am tired by looking at the photos. I have been tired ... for a while. Yes, I am tired. I do not always sleep "tight".

Normally, I wake up ... usually, briefly ... about every two hours during the night.  At twoish ... I read.  I read stuff from my iPhone.  I like the back light ... it doesn't disturb my sleep buddy.  There are all sorts of interesting things one might read from their iPhone.  I like it. If I can recall any dreams, I think about them during this time, trying to put them back in sequence ... trying to sharpen the fuzzy edges ... .  After a short while, and maybe a drink of water, I go back to sleep.  Around four thirty, I wake up again.  Usually, I am very still during this time.  I use this time to think and pray.  This is my quiet time.  Frequently, something I have been thinking about starts to make more sense during this time.  Then I drowse back to sleep waiting for the alarm to sound ... my alarm tone is crickets ... I set my alarm only when my husband is away from home.  I am not sleepy.   I am tired.  Sleepy and tired are not the same thing.   Yes, I can see tired ... very tired ... in those pictures.  The camera is able to see the less obvious. Those pictures were about pirate eyes ... not a smile for the camera. 

I have always been a light sleeper ... and a good napper when naps are acceptable.  I like sleep snacking.

I am working on tired.  I need that quiet time to do that work. 

No comments: