The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, June 30, 2011

From January 2010

Hold on to what is good even if it is
a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is
a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is
a long way from here.
Hold on to my hand even when
I have gone away from you.

~Nancy Wood, from Many Winters

I like to keep a little hands on project going. I am thinking about using this text in a shadow box that I am starting to work on now. The box itself is large - 24"square and 3" deep. The frame is pretty - decorative but not fussy. I have the first pair of shoes for each of my 5 children - those go in. And what else? I'm thinking about it.

I like Nancy Woods words...but that last line is a little bluesy. I wish it said hold on to my hand..hold on to my heart even as you journey on away from me.

I like my kids. I liked who they were. I like who they are. I like who they are becoming.

No comments: