The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, June 12, 2011


Bucket list additions ... possibilities ...

++ visit Mosquiito Bay (Vieques near Puerto Rico)  ... bioluminescent bay ... just to play
++ visit Los Glaciares Natl Park in Patagonia (Argentina)
++spend the night out in my back yard on the trampoline ... stay awake almost all night
++see the aurora borealis ... already said that?!?!  Okay ... from an airplane that I am piloting.
++learn the proper uses of which vs that
++visit Hawaii and have a blast ... spend time at the observatory, listen to the singing sands, outdoor couple spa experience, water things like snorkel, visit a volcano, study the approaches beforehand (I flown one in the sim ... interesting), visit Dole farm, uhhh ... may need some real time in Hawaii
++Visit Yucca Ridge (Colorado Rockies) for SPRITE sighting ... a sprite is a luminous column reaching heights of 18 miles (not a typo) ...My reading suggests focusing about 4X higher then the TCU tops ...how to measure that will be interesting.  Says it'll make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end ... uh huh ... we'll see about that ... I'm in!
++Visit NY ... I've never been there and I don't know how to best spend that time, but I think I could figure it out on the fly ... I know I'd like to see the Statue of Liberty and ride a subway ... eat street food ... less interested in the Broadway aspect ... I want to walk and browse. Oh ... I'd also like to have a memorable "dress-up dining" experience.
++Figure out where and when to optimize viewing the night sky ... like when we pass through a comet's tail ... I want to see with my own eyes what the stargazer ap depicts ... so much more!  I'll have some real wishes ready just in case I see a shooting star.  Splendor.
++Visit AZ with Ava ... see the Meteorite Crater and the Grand Canyon ... the dessert and the higher lands as well ... visit James Turrell's marvelous installation near Flagstaff ... fly from Sedona ... to somewhere and back. 
++airplane acrobatic training
++glider rating
++ tail wheel, but not for it's own sake ... I liked flying the T6 and would be interested in more of that maybe, the fuel burn is pretty intimidating on my bang for the buck scale
++Win the lottery
++Go to the wind tower thing and fly ... I don't know what that's called right now, but I will cite it later.
++Spend a few days in Santa Fe NM ... and visit those cliff dwellings in SW Colorado
++swim with dolphins (poc)
++sleep in a cool tree house
++sleep in a hammock ... maybe hung under an airplane wing ... maybe even an airplane intentionally landed for just such an event ... oh that would be fun ... airplane camping out.
++sleep in a venue where they have little rooms on the water rather then just near the water
++sail the intercoastal water ways ... at least three weeks trip ...

... more later ... I would not have known to bucket list watching those birds from nest prep all the way through to their first flight ... that is exactly the kind of nerdy thing I like best ...
++

No comments: