The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, June 24, 2011


It's early, and I have been up for a while already ... A load of laundry is swishing away, yesterday's pool smells will be Tide with frebreeze fresh soon. I like to get all the dryer time completed before I can see the sun over the trees. It had been too hot to walk my dog. I sheared his coat too close and he was getting sunburned. He has almost enough protection now ... Sunscreen?! He would rather not. Vehemently so.
The cardinal egg has hatched. I took a picture which I will post later. One little bird - all mouth, no feathers, but about three times the size of the last birds in the vine.



Today I will fly. My oldest daughter, Two, and her friend, are going up with me. Last time he came over here to visit, I gave him a copy of the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. I remembered giving him a book, but wasn't sure which one, so I asked him, and he told me he had already read the whole thing. I believe he said devoured. Last time he was here, we sat in the plane ... The winds weren't okay for a flight. Yesterday he was ready to go by eight, but we were five hundred OVC. I hated to tell him. Today ... Well, this morning there is a window in the forecasted weather. This will be a wonderful experience for him. He's never flown in a small airplane before, and is the kind of person who will want a certificate ... I'm very happy to take him up, but before this is done, I'm afraid he'll be in for several thousand plus the inst rating ... He's just that kind of guy. Poor kid.

I am having a great time with Netflix. There are tons of documentaries ... Looking at Hubble and Mars things later today while I iron ... perfect. My husband has found a couple of TV shows that he's pretty enthusiastic about; Lie to Me (about non-verbal communications in crime solving) and Flash Forward (the entire planet saw the future ... how'd that happen?) Both watchable. And it's Friday ...aka movie night. Tonight there is nothing playing that I would pay to see ... That we haven't already seen ... and you know my movie viewing standards aren't really that high! He's saying we'll see the Carmen Diaz/ Justin Timberlake movie. Last time I was set on "don't really wanna" we saw Thor. I actually enjoyed Thor.

Talked with my brother early this morning. Man, it's great to have a brother ... my brother is a great person. Somehow we got to talking about tequila. Patron tequila. Me gusta. Coolest bottle ever too ... I told him that's why we bought it ... Normally, I'm all about Jose. He thinks it's a lot more expensive in Texas then it is here ... doubt it. I doubt we'll need to replenish it very often too ... I noticed it's like some kinda crazy truth serum for me. Two shots swirling in lime juice and Cointreau and I am saying what I really think! Or maybe I should say not thinking!

Well, the mom shuttle has already made two runs ... I'm ahead on most of my house work already ... The scud layer is burning off and blue is beckoning above ... shirts to iron ... linens to laundry ... that reminds me, shirts to drop off as well. Better get to it!

No comments: