The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Today. 24 November 2009


Is Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We are going to do the Thanksgiving feast a little differently this year. I love to cook, but this year we aren't gonna do the big traditional spread. In years past we have experimented with different cuisines - we thought we might be more thankful with Italian food for example. This year we are experiencing a space crunch. This year all the furniture and books and paintings and stuff has been moved to other places in our home from the living room and dining room. This year two of our adult children live in those rooms. I jokingly say we are having a third world experience. We are cramped...nerves are frayed...teenage tempers flare unexpectedly - and "light up" the house. This is a rough economy. I am glad the two oldest can finish their educations ... I'm glad that they are able to stay on the paths they most prefer. I can make the sacrifices of space and calm to accommodate them. I am happy to participate in their lives ... and I understand why the younger one feels grouchy though. They are teenagers - and they have no perspective.
So this Thanksgiving we are conserving. This year I will prepare the tastiest, most visually appealing little turkey pot pies I've ever seen. I am starting to get excited about it. This year I am thankful for a good life. I am thankful for my five children and my husband. I am thankful for the many blessings that we have the luxury of taking for granted...wish we didn't but we do.
This year I am thankful that we are together. And I am thankful that I am able to be thankful about that!

No comments: