The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, June 7, 2011


The pilot who left this field to fly the F4 and later on to the airlines ... and much later back here to pour his grouchy ole self in to so many younger pilots ... I can almost say I adore him, but that term is reserved for someone else already ... hmmm ... admire isn't a big enough word ... . Well, I've never known anyone like this man, and I have tremendous respect for him as a man, a pilot, a leader, a prankster (omgfunny), a family man ... a role model and mentor.  Maybe I do almost adore him.  This month he says he's done ... his sweetheart has completed her career objectives and they are going to travel and probably sleep late on every continent.  The boys are planning something hushhush ... I got a save a date text and immediately responded yes ... haven't heard a peep since.  
Dang it ... I had written a whole little bit on what I think is up and then I remembered that some of those goofballs check in on me here from time to time ... oh well.
I can't even imagine this program without his presence ... there have been several chiefs out there these last few years, but only one leader ... a leader is chosen, not hired.  He has discreetly made his opinions known then supported whatever is mandated by the chief ... masterfully so. His interest has always been in support of the guys as they make their first important industry decisions.  Been there done that is an invaluable contribution.
I sure hope the upper management figures out a way to keep him on retainer ... . That's what I am lobbying for.  Just keep an office open for him in case he wants to pop his head in from time to time.  He is their best asset ... no doubt.

No comments: